Friday, March 18, 2005

A day of Republican idiocy

It's important to remember not only how evil Republicans are, but how stupid they are as well. So here are just a few items from Wednesday:

President Bush, speaking about the potential of Hezbollah, or "Party of God," a Muslim politial party, (which the administration defines as a terrorist organization), running for office in Lebanon: "I like the idea of people running for office, a positive effect when you run for office, you know? Maybe some will run for office, say, 'Vote for me, I look forward to blowing up america.' I don't know. I don't know if that'll be their platform or not. But it's -- I don't think so."

Wow, what a brilliant political commentary, Mr. Bush. He also told the White House press corps, when asked about the Iraqi assembly not having appointed a President or new Prime Minister yet: "I read about that -- occasionally reading, I want you to know, in the second term -- that -- your stories, that is -- that you know they haven't formed a government yet." LOL! So now, in his second term, Mr. Bush has started actually reading the newspaper? In order not only to know what is going on, but also, to know what the press also knows?

Yet still in Iraq, the NY Times reported Thursday, an Iraqi "recited a littany of problems: water, sewage, electricity, street repair." Yes, but the oil fields are in good operating condition, so what does it matter, right? Of course the oil REFINERIES that would provide Iraqi citizens with heating and automotive fuel are out of commission still. But the facilities to EXPORT oil to the good ol' USA are in fine condition.

In other news, further encroaching on civil liberties, so-called "conservatives" in Michigan have passed a new constitutional ammendment that denies same-sex couples the right to be considered "civil unions" and denies them the ability to be considered as a couple in labor, retirement, medical issues, etc. So basically they are denying these law-abiding citizens basic services simply because they both have matching genetalia. And where in the Bible does it say that such a law should be passed? Someone please tell me...

But it just gets worse. The Senate voted 50-50 to protect the Bush tax cuts that are adding so much to the Federal deficit. "I just don't understand how we can continue to go this way. We're living in a dream world. This deficit continues to grow," said an actually conservative Republican, Sen. George V. Voinovich of Ohio, quoted in the NY Times Thursday.

Yes, Bush's tax cuts include $100 billion in cuts in capital gains and dividend taxes, which most of my readers would never have even heard of because yes, they only apply to rich people with lots of money invested in various areas. Meanwhile I owe about $1000 in my personal taxes this year, even though I only made $20,000 last year. Go figure!

"Our Republican colleagues, who used to be fiscally conservative, have now become borrow-and-spend advocates. They have no intention of doing anything about these budget deficits except add to them," said Mr. Voinovich.

Oh and there was much more crap that went down this day, but I don't even have time to write about it all, because I have to go back to my shit job (I'm on my lunch break right now) making below what is considered acceptable living wages for my county.

JSG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home